Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Irony....

On my way to school this morning I was listening to the Eric and Kathy Show on The Mix (101.9 FM). The show is mindless but makes the drive to work more bearable. This morning the topic revolved around teachers who already wanted to quit their jobs (3 weeks into the school year). Many teachers called in to the show. Most had large classes and were located in the inner-city of Chicago. One women even said she was trying to get pregnant just so she could take her maternity leave.

I am listening closely. Most of my thoughts are revolving around the fact that I WANT a job and these people want to quit! As luck would have it, today was not an enjoyable day at school. By 10:30am, I too wanted to quit my job. Looking back on the day, it is difficult to pin point what made it so bad. Mostly it was due to a lack of control. I don't have control over the schedule or curriculum and today I didn't even have control over my student. Without any control, I felt pointless being there. Which led to wanting to quit my job.

The thoughts have subsided now and I hope for a better day tomorrow.

No comments: