Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I hate cleaning!!

I have always been pretty organized...at least to non-family members, but I hate cleaning, especially cleaning the house. I could organize things for hours on end, but when it comes to vacuuming/dusting/mopping I would much rather someone else do it for me.

My sister loves (or at least really likes) to clean. These are not genes that we share. Andrea would clean our room when we still shared a room (many years ago). She would clean my residence hall room and even my apartment every once in a while. Since we moved into our house, she even cleaned once or twice, but now she is in Turkey.

For the past two years, I was fortunate enough to have someone clean my apartment once a week at Ball State. I really took this granted at the time. I really do miss Darlene and Steve now.

Today has been a cleaning day for me. We are getting our furniture tomorrow and Rick is coming home so I would like the house to be clean and ready for the couches. Writing this entry is my way of procrastinating before the next task. Maybe the longer I am married the less I will despise cleaning....never will I LIKE cleaning!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You should see it as a relaxing task!! Watch Mary Poppins!! "Every task we undertake becomes a piece of cake!!" haha...I know it's not as easy as snapping your fingers though!! Love and miss you...

PS - I clean my new apartment everyday!!! One roommate has dark long hair...it is EVERYWHERE!!