Sunday, May 3, 2009

Welcome to May!

May has started out as a pretty great month. The weather is beautiful and I had a fabulous weekend. Friday night Rick and I took a 12 mile bike ride on the Old Plank Trail. Later in the evening Jackie and Alex arrived to stay the night. I made a raspberry cheesecake for Adam and Taryn (who arrived on Saturday afternoon).

Saturday morning we started the day off early. Jackie and I got into our wedding dresses and then headed downtown Chicago to have our pictures taken by Aleks, a Los Angeles based photographer. She was wanting to do a Trash the Dress session while she was in Chicago. We met her at a CTA stop and took pictures on the platform. Then we moved to a near by alley with some neat architural features. We had a great time. Once I get to see some of the pictures next week I will be sure to post them.

When we got home, we had a quick lunch. Adam and Taryn arrived soon after and Jackie and Alex went back home. We had a great visit with the Volbrechts. Taryn is due in a month and we are very excited. We went out to dinner to a restaurant in Joliet called The Department. For desert we came back here and tried my cheesecake. It wasn't as good as I had hoped, but everyone else loved it. Adam and Taryn left mid morning.

Rick and I took a 14 mile bike ride this afternoon and then I did some grocery shopping after I watched the Cubs win! Overall, it was a great weekend!

The Cheesecake on Friday evening.

Jackie helping me into my dress.

Alex's birthday balloons are still floating and he is loving chasing it and cathing it before it goes to the ceiling!


Action shot....



I'm in it!!


Adorable!!!





Making our way into the car for our trip downtown.



We're in....





and we're off...


While Jackie and I were gone, Pa came over to visit with Alex and Uncle Ricky!



Rick says this is what took place most of the visit!






Playing Tic-Tac-Toe (Easter gift from Grandma Carlo)




Alex was able to convince Pa to give him about 4 popsicles in the 2 hours he was visiting.


Checking the colors of the popsicles.






The cheesecake is ready to eat!!


No comments: