Monday, May 25, 2009

Bike the Drive 2009

After the wedding we drove back to Chicago so that we could get up early on Sunday to Bike the Drive. This is our second year for the 30 mile bike ride on Lake Shore Drive. We stayed with my cousins Daniel and Julia in Hyde Park. They live just 3 blocks from the south end of Lake Shore Drive. We rode 15 miles north and then 15 miles back south. The wind was blowing out of the north which made the first half of the ride almost miserable. However, we flew back with the wind at our backs. We had a great time though!

Andrea and me at bridge crossing the Chicago River. We were about 1/4 of the way done at this point...we didn't know yet that the wind would get worse on the other side of the river.


Mom, me, and Andrea...something must have been funny.

Rick and me!


The view of the city as the sun was rising!



We stopped in Grant Park on the way back to pick up our shirts and check out the vendors. Andrea and I each won a $5 gift card to Starbucks from the Drive-97.1. Rick and my mom were happy with their keychains!




My mom's hand accidently got in the picture, but it looks like she is pointing to the Sear's Tower!


Rick with his new bike!

My mom!


This women was using the bike to make the blender work to make smoothies! It was very cool and the smoothies were very good!


Daniel (with one fo the smoothies), me, and mom.


No comments: