Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sunday in the Dells and the highway.

On Sunday morning we took another walk. It was earlier in the morning and colder. My dad spotted that there was frozen water coming out of this pump. Here is what my mom captured.

We brought bread for the ducks this time around. Thus there were more of them. Here are their pictures. I wanted to bring one home, but my dad said the only way a duck can ever come home is if it is served on your plate.

This picture is suppose to be of the ducks following my mom and me.
The moon for Kayte!
Our plan was to go Paul Bunyan's for breakfast...but they were closed for the season. I am not sure who was the most upset by this. We ended up going to the Western Buffet...not nearly as good from what Rick and my dad described.

My dad thought this sign was very entertaining..."Have a Swig with Nig"
This diner advertised Cinnamon Rolls, we stopped for my mom, but they were out :(

Rick and his family remember that this place had air vents in their bathroom that led to the kitchen. We aren't sure if it is same place, if it is, it has been remodeled. Either way, we didn't eat there...we should be safe!
On our way home there was an accident right after we entered Illinois. Rick went to the back of the truck (while we were stuck in traffic) to get us some food.
Good Job Rick!! (As he was running back he dropped the case to his sunglasses. A few seconds later, a girl ran up and brought them back to him).
The first bag of food didn't have bagels or pretzels....take 2!
He made it!
Here is the police officer at the scene of the accident. This is funny because Rick's dad calls my dad Roscoe.
Here is the accident.

No comments: