Saturday, October 13, 2007

Our new Drapes!

On Thursday Rick and I went to visit one my the teachers I work with because she is on maternity leave. There house was decorated very nicely and we got the idea to add drapes to the windows in our living room and dining room.

After we were done with lunch (and taking pictures with the hippopotamus') we went to IKEA. We were able to find some very nice drapes AND get them installed today! There were many choices of types of drapes and beams. We had planned to get silver beams, but once we looked at them and bought all of the pieces separately we thought the brown ones were much better looking. They are a much better match to the rest of the decor in our two rooms. Here are some pictures of our work!





As with all of our projects it wasn't as simple as it looks. The beam which holds the drapes is two pieces. So we had to make sure everything was level and connect the two pieces (these pieces liked to come apart and try to assault us). Once the beams were up, then I ironed the drapes (this is more ironing than I have done in my entire life) and hem the drapes to fit.

At IKEA I also got a sifter which I have been wanting to assist in my baking efforts. At Menards we bought insulation for our hot water heater and new insides for one of our toilets (Rick is insistent on me calling it "ter-lets").

No comments: