Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Our trip to the Wisconsin Dells! (and O'WICH)!

This past weekend Rick and I went with my parents to the Wisconsin Dells on their Fall Break. We had a lot of fun and took a lot of pictures to remember the trip. We left early Friday morning and got to our timeshare (well my parents) around 1pm. We stopped for lunch at the DeForest Family Restaurant in DeForest, WI. The meal was NOT stellar. Also, my dad had chicken sauce spilled on him by the waitress.

After getting settled we took a trip to O'WICH. O'WICH is Rick's moms cabin in Portage, Wisconsin. My parents have heard a lot about it, but had never been there. They really liked it and my mom enjoyed taking pictures of the moss, mushrooms, and leaves. My dad enjoyed a beer.

My mom and dad at O'WICH!

Posing by the Wisconsin River.

There is always work to do when you visit O'WICH!!
Rick fixed one of the solar lamps by the river.

In the refrigerator was a Hamms Beer. My dad was very excited and drank it on the spot.

Dad, Mom, and Me in the living room in front of the fire place.

Rick and me on the front porch before we left.

This horse lives near O'WICH. He is very well endowed. My mom and I got out of the truck to take his picture. This is the only close up we have of him because the flash on the camera scared him away.

Portage, Wisconsin has a Popcorn Drive-Thru. We tried it out and enjoyed our first popcorn in Portage. We took it down to the river.



Whenever my sister visits a new body of water she dips her toe in to say she has been in it. She goes to place like Poland and the North Sea. We went to the Wisconsin River and had a "swim" for Andrea.

This is the Dairy Queen in Portage....I took pictures of each Dairy Queen we passed on our trip. More to come!


Here are a few artistic photos taken by my mom and me:

1 comment: