Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Reading List

I have really got hooked into the Twilight books--much more than I thought I would. I have read both of them in 2-3 so far. I am trying to keep up with my other reading though. After I finish a Twilight book I try to read two other books--so far that has worked well for me. I finished New Moon yesterday morning and read Shark Girl last night and this morning. I will start Of Beetles and Angels today. I am hoping to get Eclipse before I leave for SLI, but it might not be good for me to have a book I really want to read while I am at camp.

Here are the books I have read since school has ended. I will try to keep this list updated throughout the summer.

Someone Named Eva by Joan M. Wolf
Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The life and crimes of Bernetta Wallflower : a novel by Lisa Graff
Umbrella Summer by Lisa Graff
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Shark Girl by Kelly Bingham

Currently Reading: Of Beetles and Angels by Mawi Asgedom


Books I have listened to in on CD while driving:

Heat by Mike Lupica
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 3) by Rick Riordan
Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2) by Rick Riordan

Currently Listening: Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Here is the 2010 Rebecca Caudill Nominees. I have highlighted the ones I have read so far.

Current Favorite: Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life

Amato, Mary. Naked Mole-Rat Letters. (2005)
Applegate, Katherine. Home of the Brave. (2007)
Bingham, Kelly L. Shark Girl. (2007)
Dowell, Frances O'Roark.
Shooting the Moon. (2008)
Freedman, Russell. Freedom Walkers: The Story of the Montgomery Bus Boycott. (2006)
George, Jessica Day. Dragon Slippers. (2007)
Graff, Lisa. The Thing About Georgie. (2006)
Hahn, Mary Downing. All the Lovely Bad Ones. (2008)
Hobbs, Will. Crossing the Wire. (2006)
Kent, Rose. Kimchi & Calamari. (2007)
Mass, Wendy.
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life. (2006)
Morpurgo, Michael.
The Mozart Question. (2006)
Nuzum, K.A. A Small White Scar. (2006)
Schmidt, Gary D. The Wednesday Wars. (2007)
Smith, Roland. Elephant Run. (2007)
St. John, Lauren. The White Giraffe. (2006)
Stead, Rebecca. First Light. (2007)
Tarshis, Lauren. Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree. (2007)
Urban, Linda.
A Crooked Kind of Perfect. (2007)
Wolf, Joan M. Someone Named Eva. (2007)

No comments: