Monday, November 17, 2008

Denver was Fabulous!

It is so hard to believe that I haven't updated the blog in 1/2 a month! Times have been very busy, but we have been having fun and have had a lot of great news from our friends lately.
Last weekend, Rick and I went to Denver to visit Jess and Eliot! Our visit was so enjoyable and it was sad to leave, but I was sure to leave Eliot with job and housing options in the Chicago area.

This is the apartment building in which Jess and Eliot live.

While I went to get a haircut, Rick and Eliot rode to the park to play ball.

Waiting for the traffic signal

And pretending to be "cool"






There aren't really words needed to describe how beautiful the sunset was over the mountains.

The view of the mountains from Jess and Eliot's apartment!

Sunday morning Rick and I took a walk around DU's campus. Rick wanted to take pictures and show me around. Last time we were there it was summer and not everything was open. This is a bridge in a park near campus--a really nice picture taken by Rick.
I probably didn't do a good job selecting meaningful pictures from the campus tour, but I picked a few that I liked!



Here is Rick sitting in his old seat when he used to go to DU hockey games!





Sunday afternoon we went bowling! Jess in action.

We played three games. This is the score from our third game. I chose this one because this is the game I won! Also, notice that our names spell "Jerk".

The "windblown" look using the fan at the bowling alley.


Jess and Eliot at the bowling alley!

And back in their apartment!

And finally, a picture of all four of us before we went back to the airport!
Jess and Eliot were such gracious hosts and we can't wait to spend time with them again soon!

No comments: