Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The week is half way over and I don't have any pictures to show for what I have been doing. Monday I spent the day at school. I really felt like I made some good progress. I had done some things over the weekend and then added them to my room. Tuesday morning was more of the same. I was upset I forgot my camera because I would really like to show the new details around the room.

I spent a lot of time working out an incentive/positive behavior program. I am happy with how I think it is going to work, but we will see when school begins. My Grandpa Al and Grandma Rina came to see my room yesterday afternoon and then I went to tutor.

I picked up Rick from work and we drove to Forest Park to catch the train to Wrigely Field. We had tickets to the Kane County Cougars vs. Peoria Chiefs. The game was like any minor league game I have been too, but the atmosphere was more fun at Wrigely. Plus we met Adam there! Also, our friend Jim who is an usher was moved to the bleachers for the game so everyone we knew were within just a few short steps of each other. The highlight of the game was watching the Cubs and Brewers score as it was changed each inning.

The game was tied in the 9th inning when the sky opened up and the rains were heavy. Everyone would have left except part of the promotion for the game was that if you were 14 or under you could run the bases. Well the rain cancelled that plan and there were many unhappy people. Wrigely has promised a make up day to run the bases. The game is being continued in Peoria tonight! We got a ride back to our car from Jim and then headed back to Lockport!

Tonight Alex is coming over and staying for a few days. I have tried to make plans that will be fun for him and I will be sure to take pictures! The upcoming week is just as busy. Saturday Andrea and I are visiting Gail. Sunday and Monday, Rick and I are going to Wisconsin to see Adam and Taryn. Then early Tuesday morning Andrea and I leave for Florida for our visit with Mackenzie! Once I get back, I have a short weekend and then I start work!!!

I can't believe the summer has gone by so quickly, but I am excited for school and to get back to a normal routine!!

No comments: