Monday, July 21, 2008

Long Time No Blog!!! (I thought of that myself)

Since my last blog post I have been to camp and back, started setting up my classroom, and was able to visit with friends from Ball State! I spent July 12-16th in North Manchester, Indiana at Manchester College. My time there was spent as a counselor at the Student Leadership Institute. This camp is for High School students in Student Council or other leadership positions. It is always a great experience and this year was no exception! I love the campers and the counselors!

My "official" wind blown photo!


My wonderful Junior Counselors (JCs) Josh and Ashlee!

The "Beez Kneez" Council!!! They are pretty much amazing if I do say so!

I got home on Wednesday night! Even though I was exhausted I got up with Rick on Thursday so that I could start moving into my classroom. It was great! It was a lot of work to unload all of the boxes, but very worth it! I spent a few hours unloading and organzing. I went back in on Friday (Rick helped me unload this time), organized, and then met with a couple of the teachers I will be working with. It was great meeting them and finding out some more details and knowing more of what I will be teaching. On Wednesday my mom and dad are helping me take another load of stuff and put up posters and bulletin boards! I officially start on August 11th!!

Saturday Rick and I went downtown to meet meet Keeley, Mindie, and Zack. We met at Union Station and then had lunch at Ed Debevics! It was great to visit with all of them. Keeley drove us back to our house and hung out with us for the evening. Her and I took naps--oops and then we had a nice dinner, a walk, and ice cream!! Unfortuantely, we had some other things to do on Sunday so we didn't get to visit longer, but we are glad she was able to be there as long as she was.

Sunday I went with my mom to see Grandma Mettie. She had her hip replaced and is now recovering. She looked great and is very motivated to heal quickly! Next we went to Grandpa Al and Grandma Rina's for lunch. Always a nice visit and I helped my Grandpa try to set up with I-phone (I am not too savy). Then we went home and Rick cooked a great dinner for my parents and us.


No comments: