Monday, May 5, 2008

Wendy's Rant...in honor of Eliot

When Eliot was here this weekend we were discussing my blog. He mentioned that he should start a blog, but it would be filled of rants. He mentioned how mine is very much like storytelling and I leave out most of my opinions.

Well, tonight we were on our way home from Oak Park and I see this Wendy's sign! I told Rick I had to take a picture and make a ranting post in honor of Eliot!

The part I am ranting about is "Italian Beefs are Here". There is currently a commercial running on the radios here advertising Wendy's Italian Beef. It starts by saying how Chicago shouldn't be named the "Windy City" because wind is negative. Instead it should be called something good, like the "Italian Beef City" because Chicago has the best Italian Beef. And now you can get the best Italian Beef in the "Italian Beef" City at Wendy's.

I just think this commercial is absurd. One, there is no way that Wendy's is serving the best Italian Beef in Chicago. I know this is hypocritical as I don't even eat beef, but still I have am sure if I did it wouldn't be the best! Two, this commercial horribly annoying.

Thanks for listening and now back to our regular scheduled storytelling! :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i enjoy the rants. =)