Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bike the Drive 2008!

This morning I, along with my family, rode in Bike the Drive. My parents have done this a few times before, but it was the first time for Rick and me. We stayed the night at my moms cousin's house. They live very close to Lake Shore Drive. We left their house at 5:30am to get on the path at the south end. We were one of the first people out and had the road all to ourselves. It eventually got busier, but it was awesome! We finished the 30 mile ride in about 3 hours. We made a couple stops and took some pictures along the way.

The sunrise at about 5:40am.

A quick stop-not sure why-but we are next to Soldier Field (where the Bears play).

On the bridge that goes over the Chicago River. Navy Pier is to the right of the picture. We had gone about 8 miles at this point!

Same location, different people!

This is the half way point...can you find us (Rick, my dad, me)?

The view of the Chicago River on our way back. 22ish mile marker!

Mom and Dad!

Rick and me!

Most people started and ended at Grant Park. Since we started at the south end we just stopped in the park on our way back to pick up our t-shirts. After we left the park we had 7.4 miles remaining!

Back at Daniel and Julia's house! Rick, Daniel, me, Dad, Mom, and Julia!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

in the picture were it is hard to spot you and dad...it looks like dad doesn't have pants on.....