Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Visit with Kayte and her Welcome Home Party!

This week was the first time we have seen Kayte since her return to the United States. She arrived Wednesday night and stayed until this morning. We had a wonderful visit- filled with lots of laughs, friends, and tons of food.

The first thing that we had planned was to donate our hair to Locks for Love (or a similar organization in my case). Here are a few pictures from the hair cut.
Before
During
After
My hair seems like nothing compared to Kayte's!!
Thursday after the hair cut we visited with our family and then picked up Jason at the train station. Once we got home Angelia arrived soon after. Kayte, Angelia, and Jason spent Friday together while Rick and I worked. Friday night we all headed downtown to the Mid-American Club in the Aon Building for dinner thanks to Jason and Angelia. These are the pictures from our lovely evening!
Our photo while still in the parking garage!


Having some drinks before dinner!

Group Shot after dinner: Jason, Angelia, Kayte, Katie, and Rick!
Saturday morning the three girls got up to go pick up trash at Patriot Park in Downers Grove. One of my students organized a clean-up through the park district. I wanted to support her efforts and Kayte and Angelia joined me.

We lucked out and had a very pleasant day for cleaning up the park!


Angelia enjoying the sunlight in the prairie!

The reason for all of us being together was for a Welcome Home Party for Kayte!

After the park clean-up, I came home and started cooking!

The Wisconsin guests: Anna (Kayte's sister), Kayte, Amy (Kayte's friend), Jeanne (Kayte's mom), and Diane (Jeanne's friend)

My mom and dad!!

Everyone enjoying the cake!

My dad with Mackenzie and Derek while they enjoyed their dinner.

It wouldn't be a visit with Jason if there wasn't a game of Sorry! We had two games going on for a while, but then some people had to leave. I got my butt kicked in this game. Angelia was the winner!

Mackenzie and I attempted to both fit into Rick's flannel coat. We couldn't' button it but it was pretty close!

Same picture, but this time without laughing!

Mackenzie posing with the flannel!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow!! everything looks so great!! I wish I could have been there!! Did Kayte like her room?? =) I think Mom needs a haircut!! I can't believe you got to see Mackenzie again too!! Miss you, love, an