Wednesday, June 24, 2009

St. Louis Zoo!

After walking around downtown St. Louis we went back to the hotel and packed up. On our way out of town and back to Lockport we stopped at the St. Louis Zoo. It was so hot, but I still had a great time. I am so lucky that Rick puts up with my love of zoos and how many pictures I take at the zoo. As with other zoo pictures, I have trouble picking just a few for the blog so there are a lot here.

They had an awesome butterfly garden. I was able to get really close to the butterflies and take some really nice pictures.
We learned that caterpillars are rare in the butterfly garden, but we were able to find one.




This is the same butterfly as the picture above.



Same butterfly in the two above pictures. Wings closed and wings open!




We knew Alex would have loved this train! Since seeing this picture he has asked when he gets to go ride it!





The hippos were so cool. They were underwater, but the tank was clear so we could see them underwater. The pictures don't really do it justice.


The hippos swimming underwater with the fish.



Baby elephant

The elephants here were very active.


This one was playing in the water to keep cool.


This is the same elephant that was reaching for food from before but from the other side of the exhibit.


Happy Sea Lion!







The giraffes and ostriches live together.





I love flamingos. I was trying to get a symmetrical picture.


My awesome husband...so patient with the picture taking.



The penguins had a lot to say.



No comments: