Friday, April 3, 2009

My Trip to Denver--Part 1

My flight was smooth on Friday afternoon and the weather was clear when I landed. I was only back at Jess and Eliot's 15-20 minutes when the hail/snow/thunderstorm. It only lasted about an hour and then it all melted, but it was quite a sight!





On Thursday, Jess and I went shopping for a new wallet for me. On our way, we found a cute AND great bakery. We each had a cupcake. The pictures aren't very good because I took them on my phone, but you can still tell how wonderful they look!

Mine (marble)

Jess (strawberry)
One of the highlights of my trip was watching American Idol with Jess and Eliot. We recorded it since Eliot was in class and then we went out to dinner. Rick told us it was going to be a memorable episode, but we had no idea how much we would laugh. Megan Joy was eliminated and she made it a show to remember. We were laughing the whole way through.

Laughing fit number one happened when we realized that all of the idols were lipsyncing to Journey. Scott was very far off and Megan wasn't much better.


Then when Megan was eliminated she flapped her arms as wings and said "Caw, Caw, Caw" all like a bird.

Then on Thursday we find out that Megan was going to be on Jay Leno. She was just as ridiculous on there as she was the night before.
This prompted us to watch the episode of American Idol again.



We laughed just as much the second time!

I am having a great time thus far. We went to the zoo today (pictures to come later). Denver is suppose to get more snow (a lot) tonight so I am not sure if I will be able to leave tomorrow morning as planned.

No comments: