Friday, August 8, 2008

Classroom update!

I have been meaning to take some new pictures for a few days but keep forgetting to bring my camera to school. This morning Rick and I stopped by so he could see what I had done. I couldn't stay today because the hallway carpets are being cleaned but I was able to take pictures before I left. I officially start work on Monday! I am very excited.

Me with my new mailbox, more details to follow!


My grandma made these curtains to cover some of the storage in the back of the room. They are a tad bit long, but do a nice job of covering everything up.


This is my job chart--it is complete minus the students names (still don't have them).


Catch of the Week (aka Show and Tell). This is my poster and pictures of the my friends and family!


Nothing is new on this bulletin board except that I made the words smaller so that I would have more space for current events!


The morning routine poster and fish are up on the board now. The fish will have names on them so that students can answer the question of the day (this will be my way of taking attendance).


Numbers are now on the calendar (up to the 22nd since that is when the students start school).
You can also see my class schedule for the first day!


My mom made this Puffer Panthers sign--Panthers are the school mascot!


This is my bulletin board that will reward positive behavior. Each fish has a different one of the components of the Fish Philosophy. The red in the middle says FISH (I know it is kind of hard to see). The students will recieve a "Fish Stick" or popsicle stick when they do something well or recieve a compliment. They will recieve rewards for filling in the letters!


Rick is waiving the Illinois state flag. I have also hung my diploma and other important things to me behind the desk. I am still trying to hang my other diploma, but it is a work in progress!

My library has expanded. I was able to get 150 books at a Library Book Sale last weekend for only $20. It was a great deal!


This is my fish mailbox. I spent most of my day yesterday making it! I am happy with the way it turned out. I think it needs a name...if you have suggestions let me know!


Back view

View from my windows! (to the right/east)

View to the left/west. In the back of the basketball court and baseball field is the Downers Grove Golf Course.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Katie!
Thank you for what you're doing for your students! I love the creativity and the mailbox is great!
I work for ChartHouse Learning and present the FISH! Philosophy around the world to educators and businesses and I love to see someone incorporating it into the "every day".
It is very important to keep it on the radar so staff and students can make it part of who they "are" vs. just something they "do".
You are set up for success and I wish you the best!
Take Care!
Jay Larson
The Prophet of Possibilities
ChartHouse Learning (the FISH! folks!)

Unknown said...

Hey Katie!
Thank you for what you're doing for your students! I love the creativity and the mailbox is great!
I work for ChartHouse Learning and present the FISH! Philosophy around the world to educators and businesses and I love to see someone incorporating it into the "every day".
It is very important to keep it on the radar so staff and students can make it part of who they "are" vs. just something they "do".
You are set up for success and I wish you the best!
Take Care!
Jay Larson
The Prophet of Possibilities
ChartHouse Learning (the FISH! folks!)