Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!!

Henry Puffer Elementary School


Today was the day I have been waiting for! I was offered and accepted a job at an elementary school. After many, many nights of applying for jobs and a number of interviews I will be teaching 6th grade at Henry Puffer Elementary School in Downers Grove, IL. This is the same school district I have worked in this year and am so happy to be staying here. It is a great district and one that I even want our future children to attend.


Even though it is 6th grade I will be teaching all subjects. It is a K-6 building. I will be even closer to Rick's work than I was before (we didn't think that was possible) so we will still be able to car pool. The school has an incredible student council. This wasn't something that I required, but it is such a great bonus. The principal even attends a statewide student council conference on occasion so my passion will be understood and allowed to be used! Early next week I will go in to fill out all my paper work and sign my contract, but in the mean time I am thrilled.


With Rick out of town this week I did all of my celebrating over the phone. I did go to try to buy Sharpies (this was the deal I had with myself--no Sharpies until I got a job), but the Office Max didn't have the ones I wanted. I did want some ice cream, but that will have to wait until tomorrow when I get to have ice cream with my whole family--husband, mom, dad, and SISTER!!!! That is right--Andrea is coming home tomorrow!

Here is the website of the school if you are interested in looking around: http://www.dg58.org/schools/hp/index.htm

No comments: