Monday, September 29, 2008

Camp Edwards

Here are just a few pictures from my trip to Camp Edwards with my 6th graders. We went with two other schools in Downers Grove. This trip is focused on studying four of the ecosystems- the Hardwood Forest, the Pine Forest, the Marsh, and the Prairie. I got to teach about the Prairie. It was mostly dead by this time of the year, but we taught either way!
This is one of the students drawings of the prairie from the distance.

This was my teaching partner for the trip, Jeanne.


My students lowering the flag on the first night!

Trying to identify plants in the prairie.


Playing a game about predators and prey in the prairie!







Henry Puffer 6th Graders!!

There are these awesome slides at the camp. Here are a couple of action shots. Even in the action setting on my camera this is the best shots I could get...I think it shows just how fast we were going down the slide!


My turn!!!


BINGO Night!!!

The prize for winning was a hug (aka a bottle of juice!)


Kelly and Bray--the teachers I went with from Puffer

A spider we found in the prairie!

This is how we all felt at the end of the week!!



No comments: