Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Double Banana

Last weekend we went to visit my parents. Rick helped with some yard work (I mainly watched). The highlight of my weekend (other than seeing my parents) was a double banana. There are picture below to show how cool it was!


We celebrated the March birthdays with Nelly! Here is my mom lighting the candles of the cake that Nelly made. One candle for each March birthday--my mom, Rick, and me!

Nelly watching the the festivities and having a glass of wine!

Webster even sat and watched!


Now for the cool stuff. When I got there on Saturday morning I noticed this banana was very large. My parents had noticed. I decided I would have it for breakfast on Sunday or at least see if it was one banana or two inside of the peel.

Rick took pictures of the opening.

It looks like two bananas!

And it is! We all ate part of the banana--it tasted the same, but I have never seen one like this before and I wanted to share!

Yes, I realize there are a lot of dirty jokes to go along with this post and leave it to Nelly, my 84 year old French neighbor to have more dirty jokes than anyone else! :) That is just one of many reasons why we love her!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can't believe I missed the DOUBLE BANANA!!!!!!!!