Sunday, May 4, 2008

Spring at Wrigley Field

On Wednesday night we were able to get tickets to the Cub's Game from one of Rick's co-workers. We tried a new way of getting to the game for this trip. We caught the bus at Yorktown Mall and rode on a CTA bus that dropped us off in front of the stadium. This was a very inexpensive way to get to Wrigley and convenient from both of our jobs. The only downside was that the busy doesn't leave until a 1/2 hour after the game ends and we both had to work on Thursday. The game was a blow out 19-5 and even though we were tired AND cold we had to stay to the end. We would take this way again if we didn't have to work the next day.

As I mentioned it was very cold at the game. The wind was blowing off the lake and once the sun went down it became cold very quickly. We dressed in layers but both of us wish we had more clothing. I even drank some hot chocolate to tide me over.

I was able to try my new lens for my camera and it was great. We sat in the second row of the upper deck on the third base line. Most of the shots are taken from there and they make things look like we are much closer than we were.


Looking into the WGN box!

Rick spent a while trying to get both names to be visible on the flags as the wind blew them. Quite a nice picture!

I wasn't too cold yet...I hadn't zipped up my sweatshirt!

Jesse White, Illinois Secretary of State, threw out one of the ceremonial first pitches at the game.

This is a picture of one of the houses behind the bleachers that is now a restaurant. I couldn't believe how much detail I could see with my camera.


This is Ryan Dempster warming up in the bullpen before the game. I took three or four shots in a row which are cool to look at but this is my favorite action shot!

Lou!!

Rick took this picture of Derek Lee in action! You can see the ball on the left hand side of the picture after he made contact!

Dempster got on base too! Like a said, it was a high scoring game!

One of the buildings behind the bleachers is being refurbished. You can see the Red Line train running behind the building through the windows. I thought it was pretty cool.

I believe this was Soto's second home run of the night!

After we took a walk to warm up we visited Jim and sat behind the plate---also a great seat and a tad bit warmer.


Sharpie still sponsors the top of the 8th inning....obviously my favorite inning. It would only be better if they sponsored the entire inning!

Rick's elementary principal was at the game as well. We had a nice visit with her.

Jim and me!

No comments: